On September 30, 2021, the Forum launched a new resource page for sharing an understanding of law and practices, case studies, potential research avenues and a variety of recommendations related to arms exports that are below Congressional notification thresholds (or simply not required). We welcome additional information, suggestions, and commentary here.
Event Guide: Learning From The Afghanistan Experience -- Re-Assessing U.S. Weapon and Security Assistance, September 21, 2021
Video of event available at https://youtu.be/llgsmpLNkdE?t=247
This event was hosted by the Forum on the Arms Trade and the Security Assistance Monitor.
Panelists and recommended resources
Opening Remarks and Presentations (time indicated when remarks begin)
The "Looking Ahead Blog" features comments concerning short- to medium-term trends related to the arms trade, security assistance, and weapons use. Typically about 500-1000 words, each comment is written by an expert listed on the Forum on the Arms Trade related to topics of each expert's choosing.
March 11 (2015)
- Emerging Experts
- Expertos y Expertas Emergentes
- Arms Transfers to Ukraine
- U.S. Conventional Arms Transfer (CAT) Policy
- Major Arms Sales Notifications Tracker
- Congressional Arms Trade Measures
- Biden Admin's Controversial Arms Sales
- U.S.-Saudi Arms Sales
- U.S. Arms Sales to Taiwan
- Biden Arms Sales To Israel
- U.S. Arms Sales to India
- U.S. Landmine Policy
- Resource Page - Under Threshold Arms Sales
- Resource Page - USML Cat I-III to Commerce
- Get on the list