Arms Trade Responsibility, Transparency, and Reporting | China/Hong Kong | Firearms Export Control | Saudi/UAE Intervention in Yemen | Turkish Intervention in Syria | Ukraine
Congressional Arms Trade Measures 2019 - 2020
In 2019, members of the U.S. Congress proposed a range of legislation addressing the arms trade, security assistance, and military support. This resource page will be updated frequently to provide information about key measures that Forum on the Arms Trade-listed experts* are tracking and about which they can be contacted for analysis and opinion. Click on each category for more detailed descriptions of relevant legislation and Forum resources. For a more complete list of all legislation affecting the arms trade, click here.
If there is legislation you believe should be included, please email us at email@example.com.
Last updated November 12, 2019
- S. 854 - Enhancing Human Rights Protections in Arms Sales Act of 2019
- H.R. 332 - Arms Sale Oversight Act
- H.R. 1033 - Return Expenses Paid and Yielded Act or “REPAY Act” (likely short title - bill text not yet available
- H.R. 2500 / S.1790 - National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020
- H.R. 3352 - Department of State Authorization Act of 2019
- H.R. 4270 - Placing Restrictions on Teargas Exports and Crowd Control Technology to Hong Kong Act
- H.R. 3047 - To provide support to Ukraine to defend its independence, sovereignty, and territorial integrity, and for other purposes.
- "How Congress Can Exert Responsible Oversight on Trump's Dangerous Approach to Arms Sales," Jeff Abramson, Issue Brief, Arms Control Association, Jan. 15.
* Inclusion on the Forum on the Arms Trade expert list does not indicate agreement with or endorsement of the opinions of others. Please contact experts directly for comments.